The transition from fall to winter can be especially rough on our fragile, delicate skin. When it comes to skincare and beauty regimens, many of us often take the lazy route during this time of the year. Don’t let the cold weather get in the way of looking your absolute best! Here are our 10 favorite winter skincare and beauty products that will keep you looking flawless throughout the season.
1. Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35, $44. Looking for flawless, glowing skin in under five minutes? This multitasking, all-in-one beauty balm cream is perfect for all occasions, especially those minimalistic mornings when you’re rushing out the door. Apply with your fingers for a sheer, dewy glow, or use a Beauty Blender for fuller coverage. This formula truly has it ALL, combining moisturizer, treatment, broad spectrum SPF 35, and a lightweight foundation, to give you perfect-looking skin while perfecting your skin underneath.
2. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna, $39. Keep your gorgeous summer glow going with this popular cult favorite bronzer. This brown-based bronzing powder is fused with a subtle gold shimmer, reflecting light to blur imperfections in the most natural way. Swipe it on for a healthy, glowing tan year round – you’ll leave everyone wandering what your secret weapon is. Excellent (and super flattering) for all skin types and tones.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Sugar Berry Tinted, $22.50. Flawless celebs like Kristen Bell, Rachel Bilson, and Halle Berry swear by this little tube of lipbalm that truly packs a punch. Although $22 might seem a little steep when you can buy a lifetime supply of ChapStick, this best-selling lip treatment is worth the splurge with its reparative oils & waxes, plumping essential fatty acids, antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols, and vitamins A, C, and E. Swipe it on for a pop of color that will light your whole face up.
4. Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Eye Repair Cream, $68. Believe it when they say this cream is a miracle worker! This award-winning formula contains a high performance retinoid that dramatically improves the look of wrinkles and discoloration, paving the way for younger, plumper, and smoother skin. The use of peptides reduces the appearance of underage bags and dark circles. Apply to your eye area in the morning and evening – you’ll be looking brighter in no time!
5. Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser, $24. Many consider this basic facial cleanser to be a “one stop shop” that melts away dirt, oil, and makeup in one simple step. Massage into your skin for a gentle, but deep pore cleanse that will leave your face feeling perfectly clean and comfortably balanced. You can also use this fragrance-free formula to clean your makeup brushes! It’s pure, it’s simple; you really can’t go wrong with this award-winning favorite.
6. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream, $46.50. Oftentimes, harsh winter weather can leave our skin feeling dry, tight, and dehydrated. Who else hates it when your foundation accentuates those noticeable dry patches and wrinkles? Luckily, dry skin doesn’t stand a chance with this ultra facial cream that can be used as a daytime and nighttime moisturizer. Its hydrating formula draws and absorbs moisture from the air, leaving skin smooth, soft, and healthy-looking. For those who loathe thick, oily creams, you’re in luck! This has an airy light texture that will leave you comfortable and well-balanced, particularly in harsh weather conditions.
7. Origins Plantscription Youth-Renewing Face Oil, $51. Don’t forget that your skin needs extra TLC during the wintertime! Many people often steer away from face oils, assuming it will make their skin even more oily and prone to acne breakouts. Let this oil prove you wrong! This light formula is immediately absorbed into skin on-contact, repairing its barriers and replacing vital youth-renewing lipids that are lost with age. Smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and get the youthful complexion you’ve always wanted.
8. Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask, $92. Why get a spa facial when you can do it from the comfort of your own home while you sleep? Wake up to radiant skin with this firming overnight mask! This intensely moisturizing treatment is said to have a “corset-like” effect on the skin, giving the appearance of a visibly more defined, contoured complexion. Psst, we say yes to chiseled cheekbones!
9. Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara, $28.50. The “holy grail” mascara for lashes of all shapes and sizes. This iconic tube features an oblique cut, plastic comb brush that coats each lash one-by-one and gives an extra lash-curling effect, bringing your peepers to life. On the go? Swipe one coat to wake up your sleepy eyes. Going out for a night on the town? Swipe 2-3 coats for faux-looking lashes blessed by the likes of a professional makeup artist.
10. Boscia Balancing Facial Tonic, $24. Wintry wind chills causing your face to look dry and chapped? Since moisturizer is meant to be worn underneath the skin (and not on top of makeup), this facial spray is the perfect solution! Achieve an ideal combination of moisture and purity with this complexion-perfecting formula. One spritz will leave your face with a natural rosy glow. This tonic also works to get rid of impurities and excess sebum, giving way to soft, supple, and perfectly moisturized skin.