- WiseWear Socialite Collection: The Kingston in Palladium, $299.95
- Truth & Pride Luna Leather Moto Jacket in Green, $749.90
- Trouve Silk Blouse in Grey Dapple, $74.00
- Marc by Marc Jacobs New Q Hillier Hobo Bag in Faded Aluminum, $428.00
- Vince Camuto Ponte Knit Ankle Pants in Heather Grey, $74.00
- Alexis Bittar Miss Havisham Encrusted V Pendant Necklace in Silver, $105.00
- Vince Camuto Bodell Lace Up Pump in Grey Suede, $128.95
- NARS Fantascene Killer Shine Lipstick in No Shame, $29.00
Back in the 80s, “power” suits were deemed as appropriate attire for the working woman. Coming in a limited array of boring, flat colors, adorned with bulky, padded shoulders, with an utter disregard for the feminine figure, suits were seen as uniforms that would help women climb the ladder in the professional workplace. Fortunately nowadays, the modern day woman is still able to make her way up to the top, minus the lackluster ensemble. Let’s just say – we’ve come a long way.
This week’s #StyleWithSocialite features an outfit you can don with the utmost confidence when walking into (or out of) the office. For starters, if you don’t have a staple pair of black slacks, then it’s safe to say that your professional wardrobe is lacking! Find a pair that fits comfortably at the waist, with a tapered leg that falls perfectly in place alongside your ankles. We chose a flowy, silk blouse to match on top, giving perfect hints of feminine and professional. Complement the blouse’s V-line with a crystal-encrusted V-shaped pendant to add a modern interest to your look. Lastly (and most importantly), nothing screams “lady boss” more than a standout pair of pointy, lace-up pumps. Throw on your Kingston, toss your essentials in a generous hobo bag, swipe on some bold, dark plum lipstick, and you’re ready to go!