Ah, yes. It’s that special time of the year when you make a checklist of all the things deemed more or less necessary to better yourself. For those of you who turn your heads away from resolutions, don’t fight it! Think of it as an annual performance review for yourself – focus on your previous year’s successes and failures, extract a few key takeaways and use them to develop your goals for 2016. What would you like to change about yourself? How can you make 2016 the best year of your life?
If you’re still drawing a blank, have no fear! We’re here to help. At WiseWear, our goal is to empower people just like you to live the happy, healthy, balanced lifestyle you deserve. We’ve compiled a quick guide on how to achieve 5 common overarching New Year’s resolutions with the help of Socialite!
- I want to… stay in shape and be more active. The most popular resolution that may sound easy to make, but might just be the hardest to keep. To stay in tip-top shape, studies suggest that the bare minimum is to complete one form of physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day. It doesn’t have to be strenuous, but it should ideally make you sweat. The secret ingredient to this resolution is consistency. Ever see those gym rats jotting in their fitness diaries? Logging your workouts and number of reps can help keep you motivated, but in this day and age (ahem, 2016), there’s no need for that! Our Socialite smart bracelet tracks all your activity and conveniently stores everything on the accompanying mobile app, so you can monitor your progress throughout the day. Track your daily step count (aim for 10,000 a day!), distance traveled, and calories burned. And look fabulous while doing it!
- I want to… get more sleep. This one may sound odd, but we can’t stress enough the importance of catching your Z’s. Think about your body’s fuel like your smartphone’s battery – you need a full night’s charge to last all day. Realize that while you’re sleeping, your body is still hard at work, repairing your heart, blood vessels, cells, and internal organs. Lack of sleep can increase your appetite, slow down your metabolism, and dramatically increase your chances of becoming overweight. Not to mention, lack of sleep affects your appearance, giving way to more breakouts, premature wrinkles, and dark undereye circles. Aim for at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night. Our Socialite smart bracelet also happens to track your time active/inactive, so you’ll know exactly how many hours of shuteye you’re actually getting.
- I want to… be more productive. Between work, family, friends, and you-time, it’s safe to say we’re constantly being pulled in different directions. To make it worse, we also live in the age of distractions. Step one to productivity is to eliminate those distractions. The biggest one is most likely your smartphone, a.k.a. the gateway to a world of distractions (i.e. social media, online shopping, unnecessary calls and texts, the list goes on). Throw a Socialite smart bracelet on your wrist and put your phone down! Socialite provides users with real-time mobile notifications, such as incoming calls, texts, emails, alarms, and calendar reminders, in the form of gentle vibrations. You can manage your notifications and customize your vibration patterns on the mobile app, giving you the power to choose what comes through. This feature helps you stay connected without having to constantly reach for your phone. Now that you’ve pushed your distractions out the door, be sure to build out an easy-to-follow schedule and create to-do lists. Hold yourself accountable and be sure to cross each and every task off your list! We promise: you’ll feel empowered and productive.
- I want to be… independent and confident. Something that we all strive to work on, especially as a modern day woman. There are countless ways to boost your self-esteem and independence. Here are a few for starters… take care of yourself, dress to impress, think positively, set your goals & principles and live by them, always be willing to learn, and most importantly, understand that you are in control of your own fate. We designed all of our Socialite smart bracelets with one goal in mind: to make women feel their most confident on the inside and out. Beyond its ability to turn heads and make a bold fashion statement, Socialite also provides users with a sense of security by allowing them to send a distress signal to loved ones in times of potential danger. By tapping on Socialite, one can send a discreet text message to their pre-approved list of contacts, along with optional geolocation and sound/video recording of their surroundings. Whether you’re going for a morning run before sunrise or walking through an empty parking garage at midnight, Socialite gives you the power to do it with confidence.
- I want to… spend more quality time with family and friends. Undoubtedly one of the most important resolutions everyone should strive to make. Life moves fast, and it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle of things. To state the obvious, it’s important to make time for your family and friends no matter how hectic your schedule may be. Again, in this age of digital distractions, it’s become increasingly common to see families replace the company of each other in exchange for their smartphones. We admit: it can be rather painful to sit through dinner without picking up our phones at least once. Socialite’s “de-teching” features help alleviate this problem, with the absence of a distracting LED screen and vibrating mobile notifications. By filtering out unnecessary noise, these features helps you lose the screen, not the moment. Yet, you’re still able to stay connected to the people and things that matter most. So make an effort to get rid of your phone and any other digital distractions in proximity, and live in the moment.